Community outreach is a vital part of the project. We encourage you to follow and provide your input on the bridge improvements.
The project team is committed to keeping the public informed as the project design advances. Our aim is to keep all interested parties informed about the project and respond to questions and concerns. As the project moves through the Local Capital Project Delivery Process, we will continue to provide timely updates of project information and meeting announcements.
Current Outreach efforts for the project will include:
- Local officials’ briefing and public information center
- Meeting announcements will be posted on this website and Ocean County’s website.
- Projects updates will be posted to the project website.
- Coordination with elected officials, local governments, first-responders and the media.
- Responses to inquiries from interested parties.
Planned Outreach Activities
The project team anticipates that one Public Information Center will be held for the project. That meeting will likely be held during the summer/fall of 2023.
An additional Public Outreach session was held virtually to notify local residents that minor adjustments were made to the PPA. These changes included reducing the number of spans and in-water piers. Construction staging will be modified to address constructability concerns. Staged construction will be used to replace the bridge and one lane of alternating traffic will be maintained during non-summer months. However, construction will be completed during two non-summer construction cycles. Please view the e virtual PIC which details the staging modifications. The PIC can be found here: https://gpi1966.wixsite.com/chadwickbeachpic
Ways to Get Involved
- Check this website for updated information
- Submit feedback through the public comment form or contact the project team directly
- Attend Public Information Center meetings
Questions, Comments or Suggestions
We encourage community members to voice their concerns and contribute suggestions to the project team. For questions or comments, please fill in the public comment form, take our Community Stakeholder Survey or contact the project team directly.
Community involvement is a vital part of the project. We encourage you to follow and provide input on improvements to the bridge as an important transportation link for the local communities and the region.
The County of Morris in cooperation with NJTPA and NJDOT recognize that community participation is an integral part of all stages of projects. A Public Action Plan (PAP) was developed for the project as a framework to accomplish open, proactive and productive community and stakeholder discussions. Local officials, community stakeholders, agency representatives, and the general public will have an opportunity to provide comments and questions for consideration throughout the project development process. Our community outreach strategies include the following:
- Host outreach meetings including local officials briefings, community stakeholder meetings, and public information centers
- Communicate meeting announcement alerts and project information through social media and mailings
- Provide regular updates to the project website, including study progress reports and other outreach materials
- Work with elected officials, local governments, first-responders, and the media
- Address inquiries from interested parties